Code of Conduct - APPA Virtual Training Institute
APPA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment during all trainings and meetings. All participants including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, APPA staff, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all APPA trainings and meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than APPA but held in conjunction with APPA events, on public or private platforms.
APPA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, APPA asks that you inform either Veronica Cunningham, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-244-0258, or Darlene Webb, Director of Operations, email@example.com or 859-244-8206, so that the appropriate action can be taken.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal on non-verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, APPA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, APPA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruptions of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by APPA throughout the virtual meeting are unacceptable. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any APPA staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. APPA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- APPA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and APPA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.